Local farmers and villagers spread their cloth coverings on the ground or on wooden tables to sell their products at the rotating markets. Intha fishermen use arms and legs to row their long boats as they lay or pull up their fishing nets each day on a lake that figures into every local resident’s life. Villages dot the green hillsides where locals go about their daily life. Buddhist monasteries are located throughout the area. Temple ruins tell of an existence many years ago. Located at 3K feet elevation on the Shan Plateau in central Myanmar is the Inle Lake area. If you visit just one place in this re-emerging country, Inle Lake will provide an overview of what life in this country is all about.
- My Travel Op’s blogs
- Become a more confident traveler
- Passports, visas and crossing borders
- Travel insurance – what’s it all about
- Phone calls, text messages and using the internet
- Travel Books
- Travel Resources
- Contact us
- Pamukkale, Turkey – geological beauty and ancient history rolled into one
- Tales of the trip – A wild ride to the airport in Xian, China
- Using the Internet more securely (conclusion) – Where do you start after reading this blog series?
- Using the Internet more securely (Part 6) – Securing your devices and the information on the device
- Using the Internet more securely (Part 5) – 17 good browsing habits